Monday, June 23, 2008

Day Fifty Two......


Took nothing but Interstates from this point......

....up until White Plains, NY, as pretty much between Raleigh-Durham and Boston, there ARE NO BACK ROADS!! It's pretty much the urban megalopolis of BosWash.....soooo.....

Easy 220 mile cruise into Arlington. Sipped vino with Morseyboy, talked about working for Government and becoming jaded with it..... caught up on news about various friends, met up with Morseyboy's paramour, Kathy (whom I hadn't seen in more than nine years), had BREADED wings (biiiiigggg 'ole sin to bread wings, but the sauce was amazing) and a good piss-up at a couple of their locals on the Virginia side of the Capital District. Tried to talk me into going to work for the Urban Land Institute........told them I enjoy Portlandia (as, I can actually AFFORD to reside there - unless I was made Chancellor or President or God of the Urban Land Institute, that would not be the case in D.C.).

Had brekker at Tipsy McStagger's Irish pub (naw....I think it's called "The Four Courts" or something like that) the next afternoon, and shortly thereafter, I headed off to Brooklyn.....

(Fotograffs of the Arlington segment of this adventure sold separately, at the request of Morseyboy and Kathy)

DID hit my forty-seventh and forty-eighth states on this ride (Delaware and Connecticut).....so now I have actually been (NOT just flying over or a change of flights at an aeroport or some shit like that) in all the Lower Forty-Eight states!

No sleep 'till Brooklyn......tomorrow.....

-E-

No comments: